Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Yum.


So, after my friend Crystal gave us a cinnamon roll demonstration last week, I left feeling inspired. And full. I was so inspired that I actually made cinnamon rolls from scratch today. For some reason, any recipe with yeast in it scares me. I remember attempting cinnamon rolls when we were first married and producing small, cinnamon and sugar coated hockey pucks. At that point, I swore off making anything with yeast. But today I tried it again and, much to my surprise, they were delicious! I had to borrow my mother-in-law's Bosch mixer, which made the job super easy. The only problem was I couldn't stop eating them! I don't know if I'll attempt these again any time soon, but I have to admit I'm quite proud of myself for trying something new!

5 comments:

Terrie said...

Yay! I told you if I could do cinnamon rolls, you definitely could. They look great!

cindy greenwood said...

You weren't kidding. They were really good! Thanks for sharing!

Shannon said...

I wish I was able to make it to the demonstration. It looks like it was a success, your cinnamon rolls look tasty. Nice job on being adventurous and trying something again.

Emily N said...

My mouth is literally watering. I also NEVER use yeast- but i think I should. This is inspiring.

Crystal said...

Those look awesome. You did a great job. I told you there is nothing to be afraid of.