Sunday, March 9, 2008

Superwomen


The Church is great for so many reasons. Today, as I went to our monthly YW Presidency meeting, I realized that I had made 3 really great friends. In any other setting, I don't think these friendships would have been formed. All four of us have very differing backgrounds, ages, kids, and interests. The only thing that really ties us together is the Gospel and our callings. However, by spending time together and serving, we've come to know each other's talents and strengths. We confide in each other and bounce ideas off each other. We laugh and cry together. We have shared intimate spiritual experiences and laughed until our stomachs hurt. What wonderful examples they are of real people striving to be better everyday. I have come to know some of the most compassionate and valiant women out there!


I'm grateful for the networking and connections that the church offers us, so we can broaden our friendships and horizons. I love you Lynn, Vicki and Jill!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

isn't that a great benefit of the gospel? i agree. it allows an instant common denominator with people! i always say the same thing "under normal circumstances i probably would not seek this person out as a friend" but by serving with them or for them we learn to love a lot of different people! i am planning to come visit sat. let me know what you guys are doing.

Nicole said...

I feel the exact same way! I have so many wonderful friends because of the callings I have had and have. Same with book club, I love book club because of the friends not the books!