Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Ultimate Fighting Championship


Help! Sophie and Carson are in a constant state of conflict! They fight pretty much all day (except when they're happily playing for a few minutes here and there). They fight about who's faster, who's bigger, who had the toy first, who called who a name, etc. etc. etc. They're not too physical, they just yell and cry a lot. I've tried putting them both in time out, getting to the bottom of the story and then talking throuh it, FHEs about having a home filled with love, What Would Jesus Do?.....you name it, I've tried it! I know some fighting is normal but this is getting ridiculous. I'm starting to get a constant headache! Don't get me wrong, they are great kids most of the time, they just struggle when they're together. What has worked for you?

9 comments:

Kristen said...

ummm...still struggling with it. sorry can't help you!

Terrie said...

Let them have their own space. Give them time that is just for solo play then when they come back together later(in theory)they will be happy to have a playmate and be more pleasant. Or it might just take time.

Crystal said...

We do that all day too. Tori and Amber are the exact same way. I am bad, but most of the time I just let them work it out them selves. I only involve my self if there seems to be no end in sight or it is physical.

Emily N said...

Dude, I don't know. You're the one I come to with any questions like that. At least they look cute while they are bickering.

Jenni said...

let me know when you figure it out. I would love to know myself

Becky said...

OK, I just have to sit here and give no advice, but just say that I think you are a great mom with tons and tons of patience. Watch out, they will grow up and go away before you know it! Then you'll forget those fights.

Nicole said...

I like both Terrie and Crystal's advice.

Shannon said...

I try to let my boys work things out for themselves but I also have to be a referee and put them in their corners at times. Larry and I try to remember that this is all very age appropriate. It's good to hear that we all go through this! Somehow it makes me feel like I'm not failing as a mother. :)

Miss Rachel said...

I just read a great chapter on that in this book that's changed my life. I hate to be the "book" mom, but I didn't know what else to do, caleb and hannah are the same way....it's parenting with love and logic....I highly recommend it....wish I had some nugget of wisdom of my own, but tragically, I think we're all in the same boat!:)