Thursday, June 5, 2008

Goblin Valley!

Sophie and Carson riding the "camel"





Carson thought this looked like a bed









You can see that Carson is really enjoying himself




I have decided we are brave souls. Last weekend, we set off for the desert landscape with our good friends, the Larsens. With six kids ages five and under, we camped in the dirt among the beautiful scenery in Goblin Valley. If you have never been there, it looks like giant mushroom land. The kids had a blast climbing on the rocks and creating "secret hideouts". We have not been tent camping for awhile (and we may not attempt it again for a long time), but we're so glad we went. I have to admit that we experienced a lot of whining, tears, and crying, but the good definitely outweighed the bad. I'm sure in a few weeks we'll only remember the family bonding that occurred. Thanks for inviting us Nate and Rachel! You rock!

9 comments:

Shannon said...

This looks like so much fun! I love the dirty looks you got from Carson. Everytime we pull out the camera the smiles suddenly disappear and the dirty looks appear. LOVE IT. Glad the good out weighed the bad and you all had a good time with good friends.

Becky said...

I love those pictures...especially of Carson looking like he's having such a great time. It will get better. Don't stop trying!

Terrie said...

Fun, you guys are brave! One of our goals this summer is to go camping. You have inspired me.

Crystal said...

You always do the funnest things. I have a mere panic attack just thinking about going anywhere with my kids. I need to be brave.

Emily N said...

While hard, it looks like a cool experience. I love to go camping! Maybe sometime soon. I WISH you were here with us. I love you and think you're amazing. I think we should start going on a girls trip- I hear of families that do it and love it. That would be a good time.

Julie said...

Looks like a lot of fun. What a great memory!

Nicole said...

What great memories you have made!

Unknown said...

Wow, I'm so jealous you went to Goblin valley. That looks like a blast. Kinda reminds me of Arches National Park. I'm sure the kids will remember it as a fun trip and not all the "tears." Your family seems like you're doing well; take care!

Miss Rachel said...

Yay us!! We rock for doing that. Next time we bring at least one babysitter with us, though. Deal? Oh and I finally got my post up too! we have some pics of you guys on there. check it out!