Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Tagged


I was tagged by my good friend Jen. So here it goes!


3 Joys...


1. Hugs from Rich and my kids. There is nothing better than hugs. I'm not too touchy/feely except with my immediate family. I'm constantly trying to hug them. Sometimes my hugs are even returned!

2. Date night. We have had date nights on and off, but have been on lately. I especially love eating out and trying new restaurants. When we get home, I feel recharged and reconnected.

3. Summer. I love summer! I love the kids playing outside. I love the sun and being tan. I love getting out of my car at night and having it warm. I love chatting with the neighbors on summer walks. I love waking up early when it's light. I love barbecues and family parties. I love the flowers outside. Summer is the best!


3 Fears...


1. Rejection. I always fear that people have stopped liking me, even if it appeared that they liked me the last time I saw them. I know it's weird!

2. I fear my kids will rebel. I have been blessed with some feisty little spirits. I'm afraid they're going to ditch everything I've taught them and make really bad choices. I guess I should just take it day by day and create an environment of love and open communication.

3. Lately I've been fearing I'll become disabled. I wonder how my family would function if I was missing a limb or had a debilitating disease. I know this is not likely. Just get it out of my head!


3 Current obsessions/collections...


I'm not really obsessive by nature and I don't collect anything (just adds to the clutter), but let me think...


1. American Idol. I know it's over, but I did record every episode and voted almost every time. I have watched every season and love listening to the judges' comments and critiques (except Paula who acts stoned half the time).

2. Blogging. I have to admit I was a little obsessed when I started blogging, checking it constantly, but my interest has died down a little. Now I only check once or twice a day!

3. Ice cream. Every night at about 8:00, I have a major ice cream craving. Most of the time I give in! My all time favorites are mint chocolate chip and cookie dough.


3 Random/surprising facts about myself...


1. I can roll my stomach like a wave. I obtained this talent as a young girl in ballet class. Our teacher taught us how and I was the only one in the class that mastered it! Too bad my abs are completely out of shape. I used to be proud to demonstrate my ability.

2. I am scuba certified. Rich and I went on a diving trip to Grand Cayman with his sister Karen and her husband Jeff when we'd been married about a year. We also went diving in Mexico a few years ago. The older I get and the more kids I have, the scarier it gets. I'm not sure if I'll try it on our cruise this November.

3. I love to waterski. We grew up with a boat and I learned to ski at a young age. My abilities plateaued years ago, but I still love to go any chance I can get!


I tag Emily, Crystal, Terrie, Mom, and Nicole. Have fun!

5 comments:

Emily N said...

I was surprised by your fear of being disabled. And your ice cream attacks. I think you're okay on the becoming disabled part. The ice cream is just a lucky way to end a day.

Shannon said...

I love getting to know you better...and the rolling the stomach thing, AWESOME! You're such a nice person I don't know why anyone would stop liking you.

Terrie said...

I have to agree with Shannon! You are probably the most likable person I know. Even if you do eat ice cream like crazy and still manage to keep a perfect figure...I still can't hate you!

Crystal said...

You are awesome Amy. Thanks for Tagging me.

Nicole said...

I didn't realize I was tagged, I will get started on my blog.
P.S. If you ever are craving ice cream I'm always up for some, even at midnight!