Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Birthday Cameron! (and other good news)

This picture is supposed to be down below but I can't figure out how to move it!




Holy crap! I can't believe our baby is one (as of the 14th). When people told me the third baby was the hardest, I got scared. It turns out, they were right! I was in a definite funk for the first 3 months or longer. After about six months, I was feeling some sense of control, but there are still days when I feel overwhelmed.
The important thing is, we were sent a beautiful baby boy. And boy is he feisty! He is an active, moody, let-me know-how-he-feels-at-all-times baby. And I wouldn't have him any other way! He is so cute I just want to eat him! He can melt my heart just by breathing! I love the smell of his breath and the creases around his wrists. And don't get me started about his curly hair. He is what I would call "spicy". I suppose strong boys are a good thing. We are so blessed and grateful to have this amazing little man join our family. Happy birthday Cameron David Clegg!!!!!
Change of subject...besides being an amazingly fantastic husband and father, Rich can add one thing to his resume.....he is now a CPA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You may not realize what a feat this is. Rich started studying for this in DECEMBER 2006. He initially passed the first test. But then proceeded to fail 4 tests in a row over a period of a year. I was ready to throw in the towel. But, in his wisdom, Rich knew it would be best in the long run to perservere. So he kept studying, and studying, and studying. He never gave up. He missed many a family party or weekend activity to study, but he kept his eye on the goal. His determination and drive to succeed are amazing. And, in the long run, it paid off! I am so proud of Rich for achieving this goal!!! Rich, you are the BEST. Now let's go celebrate!!!!

8 comments:

Kristen said...

What a great picture of Rich and Carson!! Cameron is so adorable..like all your kids. I must admit you definitely have cute babies. I didn't know you were in a "funk" or I would have called you to meet at Chick-fil-a more often!! Make sure you call me about Friday!! (I might even give you a reward if you do..like you do Sophie!)

Kristin said...

Happy 1st birthday Cameron!!! I can't believe that he's already a year old. He is such a cutie and I love his hair. Congrats Rich on getting your CPA.

Terrie said...

Yeah! What an exciting week. Happy Birthday Cameron! He is definitely one of the cutest babies I have ever seen. I am so happy for you guys...no more tests! Congratulations, this isn't just a victory for Rich I know how much you had to sacrifice too. Way to go guys!

Julie said...

What a great achievement! Rich definitely has earned this (well, your whole family has- I know first hand that this type of thing requires sacrifice of all family members). Congratulations. I also can't believe Cameron is 1!! Happy Birthday! :) I am sorry to hear that you were struggling- I had a really hard time after Wyatt was born- and he is my first! It actually has took me until he was about 18 months to feel somewhat normal again- so be kind to yourself. Don't be afraid to ask for help- you have lots of people who love you!

Emily N said...

Yea for Cameron! Yea for Richard! I love your awesome family and am SO happy for you guys. I only wish I could congratulate and sing Happy Birthday in person.

Shannon said...

I have to tell you how much fun we had with your kids the other night. I have to say that I didn't experience any of the "spice" that Cameron can give. He was such a sweetie! Happy Birthday, cute boy!!! And congratulations to Rich. What a courageous family you are to keep working towards a goal even when you are ready to give up. Blessing will be abundant, I'm sure!

Crystal said...

Happy Birthday to Cameron! Erika was my hardest too. I thought once you had one kid you could handle anything, not the case. You are a great mom, way to go making it past the 1st year of your son's life. Congrats to Rich as well. Way to go on sticky with your goals.

Becky said...

I've said it before, but I'll say it again...I have the cutest grandkids in the world!
And yea again for Rich. Let's go to Vegas!